Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Number 11!

This year, I have made a renewed effort to memorize scripture. I am becoming increasingly aware of how important this is in my daily struggle with sin!

And, as if God is rewarding me or patting me on the back, the verses I have memorized have come up in various situations around me. For example, last Sunday at our Small Group meeting, the person leading the discussion was referencing a scripture, but was not able to find it. But, I recognized the verse he was looking for and realized it was in 2nd Peter, not 1st! I was able to help him find it and move on with his thoughts. It just feels good to know I am able to use what I am memorizing!

So, here are the scriptures I have memorized so far:

Psalm 25:4-5
Isaiah 55:2
Isaiah 55:10-11
John 16:33
Psalm 119:11
1John 5:14-15
Joshua 1:8
Psalm 51:10
Psalm 62:5-6
2Peter1:5-8 (I learned this in two sections)

And now, on to number 11!
Phillipians 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
I will share later what my memory system is, but for now, I will just challenge you to think about work on memorizing scripture. As Psalm 119:11 says: I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. It works!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Brett said...

That's awesome how God is encouraging you as you memorize His word! I've also felt led to focus more on scripture memory this year. I built a web site in January to help myself and others memorize scripture by typing it; First while looking, then with every other word hidden and finally straight from memory. The address is http://scripturetyper.com.

I also just created a blog widget that can show either random verses, or the most recent verse you memorized in your blog's side panel.
http://scripturetyper.com/blog/index.php/widget/
I'm super excited about this and I think it will help encourage others to get into scripture memory.

Thanks for your encouraging post, and may the word of Christ dwell richly in you!

Brett